- for headphone reproduction.
HRTF catalogue ?¶
- Head-related transfer functions describe the sound wave propagation between the free field and a point in the ear canal. They are necessary for headphone reproduction of AVEs. One catalogue is one specific set of measurements of a human or a dummy head.
HRTF spatial resolution ?¶
- Spatial resolution of the HRTFs in azimuth and elevation
HRTF filter order ?¶
- HRTF frequency resolution and bandwidth or HRIR length
- Inverse headphone transfer function
- The reproducing transducer
Headtracking device ?¶
- to determine possible features, degrees of freedom, update rate, latency, accuracy
- part of SpatDIF ?
- Latency between an input like a head-tracker and the audio output
Silzle, A. (2007). Generation of Quality Taxonomies for Auditory Virtual Environments by Means of Systematic Expert Survey. PhD thesis, Ruhr-University Bochum.
Silzle, A., P. Novo and H. Strauss (2004). IKA-SIM: A system to generate auditory virtual environments. 116th AES Convention, Berlin, Germany, preprint #6016.