« Previous -
Next » -
Marlon Schumacher, 04/29/2010 03:35 am
Space Unit Generator¶
- Description: The Space Unit Generator also called ”room-within-the-room model”, dates back to the cmusic unit by F. Richard Moore. Four loudspeakers represented as "open windows" are positioned around the listener and creates an "inner room", and embedded in an "outer room" with virtual sound sources. Sound propagation of the virtual source rendered at the "open windows" creates ICTDs and ICLDs. Some early reflections are calculated according to the size of the ”outer room”.
- Developer: Richard Moore
- Status: unfinished SpatBASE entry
- Platform: Cmusic, Pure Data
- License: ?
Projects, sound, and music¶
- M. Pisati. ZONE I: zone hack a direzione virtuale. 1995. Ricordi Ed., Milan. according to Rocchesso, D. (2002). Spatial effects. In Zölzer, U., editor, DAFX : Digital Audio Effects, \\chapter 6. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. p. 194
- F. Cifariello Ciardi. Games. 1995. Edipan Ed., Rome. In: CD PAN 3064. 1999. according to Rocchesso, D. (2002). Spatial effects. In Zölzer, U., editor, DAFX : Digital Audio Effects, \\ chapter 6. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. p. 193
- Moore, F. R. (1983). A General Model for Spatial Processing of Sounds. Computer Music Journal, 7(6):6 – 15.
- Moore, F. R. (1989). A General Model for Spatial Processing of Sounds. In Roads, C., editor, The Music Machine - Selected Readings from Computer Music Journal, pages 559 – 568. The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, London, England.